Monday, December 20, 2010

To Dream of Winter Christmas

I dreamed last night. Dreamed of the years when I was young and naive, of Christmases long passed. Of the perfect winter wonderland - me in my red toque and scarf. I remember well, what I did. I would

Leap through the froth which is snow

Inhale the stab which is ice

Wander down the ribbons which are trails

Hold the mittens which are friendly hands

Swoop down the runs which are hills

Laugh with the figurines which are family

Gaze at the ink which is black night

Glide on the wings which are toboggans

Prance through the chill which is wind

Smile at the stars which are twinkling lights

Lick the canes which are candy

Slip between the bare stocks which are trees

Chase down the bells which are sleighs

And dream of the day that is Christmas

2 comments:

  1. You r very creative Alex. I knew this was you speaking even before I saw the writer! I've felt this year that as the years christmas is less exciting. Its really quite sad! You've inspired me to next year really experience Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're welcome :) I just write whatever pops into my head ... it's just random, really.

    ReplyDelete