My entire life, the whole world has revolved around school.
Sure I could have my interests, and my friends, but it all has come back to
school. This year, all of the people I’ve grown up with, are heading into this
last year of high school. The comforts of our life are suddenly revealed as the
pretense we have come to know. What do you do when your future catches up to
you, and drops that frigid bucket of water on you? All of these life-changing decisions
are slammed upon you and you understand, your youth has been slipping away;
grains of sand gone forever. Each year, you gradually are given an ounce more
of freedom, accustoming you to the role of an adult. Whether it’s staying up
that extra half hour, or driving to a sleepover. School introduces this feeling
of vanity and superiority. Almost everyone falls victim to the opinions of
others, changing the aspects of your character. As this new life after high
school looms ever closer, this falseness glides away, revealing the beauty of
your true self. No longer is about those around you, but what will benefit you.
It is so daunting, this new chapter. Can’t say I’m ready for it, but I’ll trust
God, and see where my life will lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment