Friday, September 24, 2010

True Beauty

What is beauty? Truth is, I don't know. I don't think anyone does. Oh, sure, everyone has an idea of beauty - but it's just an idea. The designer will tell you that beauty is all in structure, patterns, and in creating the new. A model claims that it's found in your walk, your face. An actress - your name, or your voice. Really?


We are so superficial! We don't even know it! Every morning, I get up, and head straight to the bathroom. Shower. Hair. Make-up. Outfit. It's a routine - and I do it every morning. God must laugh - watching us to try and improve what we have - what he made JUST the way that he wants it.


People say that it's inner beauty - that's what really counts. And it does - but is that it? And WHAT IS inner beauty? Different people will tell you diferently. "It's who you are as a person." "It's the way that you interact with people." "It's the thoughts that we hold and what we value." "It's being a good person." Hmmm. Maybe none of them are true - maybe all of them are. Who am I to say what beauty really is?

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Well, if the whole world is the beholder, then the whole world has an opinion. Maybe we need not to focus on their opinions - but God's. And he thinks that we're all beautiful. Doesn't that mean that none of us are beautiful? I don't think so - because God knows each of us, completely and thoroughly. He sees each of us individually - and so each of us has an individual beauty.

That's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment