Saturday, September 11, 2010

"How Does One Fight?"

I know that look now
Of one who's trying to pretend all things are right

She thinks she's got it
Until she's alone by herself at night

She cries for comfort
Even though she tries so hard to be perfect on the outside

And her heart
Is cracking under the waves
And it's dragging her down
Under the weight
To the depths of her own depression

How does one fight
When the fight ain't fair?
How does one laugh
When a smile's so rare?
How does one live
When the will's not there?
I wonder, without You
Would the will be there?
Her will's not there

Some days she gets up
And it feels like the walls have finally closed in too tight

Some days she wakes up
And she wonders if she should just take flight

To get away from
All the battles waging inside her heart

Making it hard to breathe
Yet she's losing the fight
To the dawning of night
And still she prays for light

How does one fight
When the fight ain't fair?
How does one laugh
When a smile's so rare?
How does one live
When the will's not there?
I wonder, withou You
Would the will be there?
Her will can't be there

What can she do?
Her exterior's finally cracking
All of those dazzling smiles
They were only masking

All of the pain
Built up inside
But she can no longer hide

Herself from you

How can she fight
When the fight ain't fair?
How can she laugh
When a smile's so rare?
How can she live
When the will's not there?
I wonder without You
Would the will be there?
Now her will's there
Oh it's there

I know that look now
Of one who's finally found her way home

This is an original, COPYRIGHT (hehe) song that I wrote, and have the music for.
Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. This is really deep and heartfelt, thanks for sharing that- it's truly inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete